If you've been visiting GDA regularly, especially in the last month or so, we've been flooded with news about Green Day's upcoming trilogy. On one hand, it's great to be up-to-date. On the other hand, all this news is a hell of a lot to keep track of, especially if you have a life outside of visiting GDA....(we really do hope you have a life).
All the magazines that have covered Green Day in the past few months have done a GREAT job of really giving us some insight into what Green Day has been up to since finishing the albums. To summarize ¡Uno! for you, I'll use the articles by Billboard, Rolling Stone, Kerrang, and NME. Of these four, the only article we haven't posted scans for is the one in NME. Also, some descriptions were taken from a recent interview with Warner Brothers' chairman and producer extraordinaire, Rob Cavallo.
Apart from a couple songs that haven't been mentioned in detail, this should give you a pretty good idea of what the album will sound like. Anyway, here are the descriptions of each song on Green Day's first new record, ¡Uno!:
1. Nuclear Family -- "stomping" -- FIRST LYRIC ON THE RECORD: "Gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round"
2. Stay The Night -- "Who-ish jangle" -- "yearning"
3. Carpe Diem -- "Cheap Trick-like charge" -- "fierce, yet philosophical"
4. Let Yourself Go -- "a high-energy gem" -- "blistering call to arms"
5. Kill The DJ -- "revisits funk the way the Clash did in the early '80s" -- "funky furious"
6. Fell For You -- another instance of "dreamy power pop"
7. Loss Of Control -- "recalls the uncompromising energy of Iggy Pop"
8. Troublemaker -- "where Billie Joe whips out his trademark sneer"
9. Angel Blue -- ???
10. Sweet 16 -- "dreamy power pop"
11. Rusty James -- ???
12. Oh Love -- "longing, melodic, heralding" "infectious"
Tell us which song(s) you're most looking forward to in the comments!