Time for a little riddle. It's not easy and will require you to use a little brain power. Solve it and you have a chance to win a Warning 7" yellow vinyl.
You have until Sunday night (11:59pm EST) to submit your answer. If you get it right you'll be put in a drawing for the vinyl.
Each hint will ask you to figure something out, then to collect certain letters from each answer.
1. The Rev stung his baby girl, but who tallied the "pole"? Use the first 3 letters and the last letter of this person's first name.
2. Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust. How many times did Green Day play this city in 2005? To uncover the final answer of this question, take this number, then go to the year that the trio said good riddance to Sweet Children. Find the _th show of that year. Use the 1st, 8th and 9th letters of that show’s city.
3. The rev is looking carved out and spiffy in a shade of orange. If you find him you can use the 1st, 6th, and 7th letters of the creators name.
4. Green Day is to Sweet Children as Green Day Authority is to _________? Hint it's not a minority! Use the 2nd, 8th, 15th, and 21st letters of your answer.
5. Video hint. Looking sharp and living clean, she's a scented one. Find page 24, where life is loud. Use the 2nd letter from word 2, the 1st letter from word 7, and the 1st and 2nd letters from word 10 of your answer.
6. Lights, camera, action! Which single featured a White make-out party? Use the 1st, 3rd, 7th and 15th letters of this title.
Now that you've gathered all 22 letters, unscramble them to create the 5 word answer. Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be announced on Monday. Good luck!
UPDATE: The contest is now closed. The answer and winning entry will be posted Monday.